Adjunct Piano Instructor at Ripon College
Private Teaching for All Levels/Ages
This is a casual/social music appreciation event, combined with performance practice opportunities for piano students who are taking private lessons. It is full of fun & inspiring activities that give students the following -
- Performance practice - in a casual setting, to experience the thrill and joy of sharing music
- Meeting others through piano - to understand that music is fundamentally social and communicative
- Tips and guidance in learning how to listen - activities will teach the students to pay attention to the many different sound qualities/timbres.
- Demonstration of storytelling in music - there will be performances and interactive demonstrations of different kinds of music by professional musicians. This helps students make associations between sounds and images/stories
- Introduction to other instruments and ensemble playing
"The get-together was really a wonderful music experience. Thanks for putting together such a great event. Zoe is a fan of oboe now :)"
"My daughter and I really enjoyed all the music this evening."
"Haley enjoyed the recital today. Thank you for including her. All of the children (and adults!) did a wonderful job."
--- from emails from parents of students
Based on the similar concept as with studio get-together, Satoko offers interactive educational presentations in schools and other places.
Depending on the audiences, the settings of the presentation will be adjusted and/or could be more performance focused.
Past outreach performances and presentations took place at various grade schools, juvenile detention centers, hospitals, retirement homes, and home parties.
If you are interested in having a presentation/performance, please contact me via the contact page.